Cannabidiol is one of the 100th chemical compounds available in the cannabis plant. FDA hasn’t approved CBD legally because it comes from the marijuana family. However, the compound that leaves a psychoactive effect or makes a person high is THC. If the THC compound is removed from the cannabidiol then CBD alone cannot have any high feeling at all which is safe for patients as well. Thus, only those CBD products are legal in the market that contains 0.3% or no THC at all.
Just CBD store sells legal CBD which contains 0.3% or less THC. Their products are also lab tested and certified by a third party. It is the future of CBD. They sell CBD Gummies, Vegan gummies, sugar-free gummies, capsules, vape pens, vape cartridge, vape, bath bombs, and soaps, Isolate, topical, full-spectrum, and CBD for pets.
CBD has become quite popular within years. After knowing its medical and other benefits, more and more people are using it. CBD is natural which means you will hardly experience any side effects. It can provide relief from pain like osteoporosis, arthritis, joint pain, reduces inflammation, after-effects of chemotherapy, PTSD, stress, anxiety, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, etc. So, does it mean it can help in sciatica pain?
What is Sciatica Pain?
Sciatica is a painful situation where the nerve running from the lower back to the legs, which is called the sciatic nerve, is damaged. It affects only one leg and the pain is followed by other symptoms like numbness, weakness, and tingling. Legs and feet feel weak which makes normal movement difficult. This pain can increase even by coughing or sneezing because it gets affected even by sudden movement.
Causes of Sciatica
- Slipped disc due to injury.
- Spinal stenosis narrows the spinal canal which compresses nerves.
- Degenerative disc disease, which breakdowns the discs which work as padding between the spine and bones.
- Spondylolisthesis causes bones in the spine to slip from their original place causing Sciatica.
- Obesity puts pressure on the spinal cord which changes the spinal alignment.
- With age, the bone density decreases, and people suffer from a herniated disc which leads to Sciatic nerve pain.
- Diabetes can damage nerves leading to Sciatica pain.
- Lack of movement in daily life due to job profile or carrying the heavy item in work can lead to Sciatica pain.
Use of CBD for Sciatica
The only solution to get Sciatica pain fixed is through surgery. CBD helps to lessen any pain related to Sciatica. Usage of CBD for Sciatica pain is something new in the market. This is because CBD helps in reducing pains like nociceptive and neuropathic which also occurs in Sciatica.
CBD works with the CB1 and CB2 receptors to help restore the natural balance in the body. The body has lots own cannabinoids called endocannabinoids that help in maintaining balance. However, if the cannabinoids increases due to oral consumption of CBD, it helps in the endocannabinoid system to target inflammation and pain in the overall body. CBD also has an analgesic property which reduces pain as well.
How to Consume CBD for Sciatica
- CBD oil and tinctures are easy to use as the dosage can be customized and controlled according to the level of pain.
- CBD capsules already come in measured dosage, and therefore you’ll know the dosage while consuming every capsule.
- CBD topical, salve, and lotions, creams, patches are rubbed on the affected body part. This also provides long-lasting relief from any kind of pain.
CBD is safe even when taken in large doses. However, it is recommended to start with small doses and increase them with time. Always consult a doctor before taking CBD in any form.