The one terminology that everyone around the world is aware of in the current times is Covid-19. We all have felt anxious and fearful when we hear the news related to Covid-19. Our lives have come to a standstill and this doesn’t seem like it will end anytime soon.
When the entire world is suffering, the numbers are rising fast, and people are dying; how can we stay calm and at peace? It is only by being responsible and following all sanitization and precautionary protocols; we can protect ourselves and our family.
Custom Earth Promos based in Florida provides eco-friendly wellness products including quality face masks that are much in demand during these strange times. They have KN95 masks available in bulk and can be purchased at fair prices.
The more you know about how corona virus spreads, the better you can equip yourself to take precautions and prevent yourself from getting infected and you can safeguard everyone else you meet too.
Common modes of transmission for corona virus
The new SARS-CoV-2 virus caused flu-like illness and can spread from one person to another through:
- Respiratory droplets produced during talking, coughing, or sneezing.
- Touching surfaces infected surfaces and later touching your nose, eyes, or mouth without thorough hand washing or sanitizing.
Survival rate of corona virus on different infected surfaces
If an infected person coughs or sneezes in his hand and then touches a surface with the same hand, he can transmit the virus to the surface where it can remain alive for hours. If any other person comes in contact with such a surface, he or she can contract the virus. Let us learn how the corona virus survives on some common surfaces:
- On plastic surfaces such as food packets, water or milk bottles, switch boards, computers, credit cards; the virus can stay infectious for 3 to 7 days.
- On metal objects like handles of the door, cutlery, coins, jewellery; the virus can remain stable for 3 days and sometimes for 7 days.
- Copper is an exception where virus is not stable after 4 hours.
- On paper money, the virus can last for 4 days but has not been found after 3 hours on printing and tissue papers.
- Glass surfaces hold the virus for about 4 days.
- Cardboards including those used in shipping and food packaging remain infected with stable virus for up to 24 hours.
- Wooden objects including commonly used furniture retains the viral load for about 2 days.
- Virus remains viable on clothing for about 2 days, so immediately remove your clothes when you reach home and wash them before interacting with other family members.
- If it is not possible for you to clean your clothes because you go out often for work, ensure to wash them if you have come into contact with any symptomatic individual.
- Follow food safety practices and thoroughly was fruits, vegetables, and meat products with clean water or food grade cleaning liquids.
- Cooking kills the virus, but handling of raw products can still transmit it.
Whatever may be the object or surface you come in contact with, always make sure that it does not enter your premises without proper cleaning or sanitization. After touching a surface, always ensure to clean your hands thoroughly with soap or a sanitizer before touching any other surface or your face.