Noosa Heads is a popular tourist destination in Australia. This coastal town located on the Queensland’s Sunshine Coast isn’t just about the beach vibes and picturesque locations. There are unique experiences, dense eucalyptus forests, lip-smacking affordable food and elegant shopping strips waiting to sweep you off your feet. When in Noosa Heads don’t miss:
Places of interest:
- Noosa National Park: This natural wonder spread across an area of 9300 acres offers a range of outdoor activities including walking trails, fishing, swimming, bushwalking and surfing. Walk along the edge of sea cliffs and take in the spectacular views.
- Noosa Main Beach: This north-facing beach with gentle waves is sparkling clean and ideal for swimming all year round. A number of tourists and locals come over here after sunset for a relaxing stroll. It is situated at a stone’s throw from the happening Hasting Street.
- Noosaville: The laidback holiday spot is thronged by families due to the gorgeous water views, abundance of picnic spots, great restaurants, walking tracks, barbecue areas, fishing platforms and playgrounds.
- Laguna Lookout: Check out the sweeping panoramic views of Noosa Heads by riding atop this hilltop. Catch the sunset from the Laguna Lookout or visit it anytime during the day and marvel at nature.
- Double Island Point: A 2.5-hour drive from Noosa Main Beach transports to a scenic headland which is about camping, crystal clear waters, jet skiing, sand tobogganing, windsurfing, 4WDing and snorkelling
Learn surfing at Noosa Heads along the Teewah Beach. For best surf lessons Noosa enrol with any top-rated surf school like Epic Ocean Adventures. Their experienced surfing instructors offer classes for beginners aged 7 and above.
Stand-up paddle boarding:
This activity is fun and easy to learn and is currently a fast-growing water sport. Paddle your way along Noosa River for a soothing experience.
Skip the motorboats and instead take a guided or self-guided canoe ride along Noosa Everglades and admire the lush flora and fauna around.
Horse-riding with a twist:
Hop on a horse and take in the spectacular views of beaches and bushland. The horseback adventure involves horses strutting along the shallow salt water lake in National Park.
- Hastings Street: No tourist who is stopping by Noosa Heads leave without paying a visit to the Hastings Street. The street is the hub of sophisticated designer stores, boutiques, quaint cafes, gourmet restaurants and art galleries. The entire street is truly a sight after sunset since the array of trees glisten with fairy lights.
- Farmers Market: The market is opened every Sunday morning from 6am to 12 pm and features fresh produce, home-baked goods and artisan foods like dips, marinades, jams, sauces.
- Original Eumundi Market: Take a 20-minute drive to this market which dates back to about 40 years. The stalls feature clothing, jewellery, natural healthcare products, fresh produce and artisan food. It operates every Wednesday from 8am to 1:30pm and every Saturday from 7am to 2pm.
Get close with nature at Noosa Heads. Plan a trip here and experience the magic for yourself.